Seems that some have come a cropper after updating Windows 10
Oh how good it feels not to have to bother with all this……
Step-by-step advice from Virgin Media
Click start, power and restart (not shut down).
Try the internet connection once it’s booted up again.
If this doesn’t work, you need to reset your IP address.
To do this, you need to open up the command prompt by following these instructions:
- Click start
- Click run
- Type in “CMD” and press enter
- This should open up a command prompt window
- Now type in “ipconfig /release” and press enter
- Finally, type in “ipconfig /renew” and press enter
- Now try to go online to see if the connection is working
If this hasn’t done the trick, you can also try clearing the DNS settings.
- To do this, open the command prompt window again
- Now type in “ipconfig /flushdns” and press enter
- Again, try to go online to see if your connection is working